Data Governance is responsible for activities that support best execution of data management activities at ING. It has a key role in supporting the ING global data management strategy by applying a One Governance approach.
The Data Ethics Specialist will work with others within CDMO and with local Chief Data Officers (CDO). He/ she will design, share and assess key data management artefacts. Driving creation and maintenance of policies and processes is just the starting point. Socialisation of the artefacts, providing training to users and performing QA checks and guiding assessments to identify the maturity level and adherence are even more important.
The Data Ethics Specialist will report into the Expert Lead Data Risk & Regulations (reporting to the Head of Data Governance Policies, Control & Ethics).
Daily activities include working closely with the team members, domain Data Ethics Experts to:
- Implement effectively the Data Ethics Framework. Be a trusted advisor for Data Ethics;
- Engage with Chief Data Officers, Global and Local Data Ethics Council members and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate actions and provide guidance, templates and documents in areas where this necessary or useful;
- Collect and develop good internal and external practices of Data Ethics implementation and share with the domain/ local including Chief Data Officers, Data Governance Officers and Data Ethics Experts;
- Identify opportunities to further improve the way Data Ethics framework and related artefacts are trained, communicated, embedded and executed.